These illnesses got me to thinking about how rough it is this time of year, with all of the hacking, sneezing, coughing, and snot. So. Much. Snot. It's easy to want to curl up in a ball and forget about doing good things because we all feel like mud. Luckily, however, we live in the era of slacktivism, and there is actually a ton of good that you can do without ever leaving the comfort of your La-Z-Boy. Here's a run-down of very little effort good things you can do while you Netflix binge and blow your nose.
- Pay homage to Alan Rickman and help make a difference in the refugee crisis
- Download the Be My Eyes app and help a blind person navigate through a live video connection
- Play FreeRice and donate rice through the World Food Programme to help end hunger
- Take a selfie and use Donate a Photo to raise money for your charity of choice
- Download the Instead app or the I Can Do Without app, and donate the coinage you would have spent on coffee or lunch out to help a charity.